Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not In My School, Not To MY Kids.

I have school age children and I will ask for them to either be provided with alternative activities or I will keep them home from school (which I will insist be counted as present). While Liberals (or are they now Progressives) rage that "what could be wrong with telling kids to do well in school....." That is NOT the point. It is inappropriate for the President to address ALL schoolchildren across the nation with a nationally orchestrated speech including follow up lesson plans. The DOE stepped in it big when they tried to slide in a lesson plan that had students "write letters telling how you can support the President". Even if they have rethought that little doozy it is too late. PS DOE - you got caught!

Can someone please grab the hook and get this guy away from a teleprompter.

My children listen to me discuss politics and they have been taught by me that I "disagrees with President Obama, did not vote for President Obama, but he is our President and he deserves our respect". I know....I am horrid. I disagree with the President on just about every issue.

For the record I am not: a racist, bigot, or KKK member, but go ahead and call me that. I really don't give a rats azz..

Tell me that I'm stupid and too partisan to see both sides of an issue or that I'm too wealthy and greedy - or that I'm living off the largess of the working class .

Why am I vilified by Liberals/Progresives for disagreeing....I am an American too!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't mind the speech as long as politics was not brought into it and it wasn't, which I am thankful for.

    I understand your concern with the "help the president" bit because I also had a concern with it. I didn't want them writing why and how they would help the president when I don't agree with what the president is doing. When that was addressed, then I felt comfortable with it.

    ReplyDelete